Tax Appeals – A Powerful Tool
Skill and Experience in Tax Law in the Twin Cities, MN
If you disagree with your IRS or Minnesota Department of Revenue audit results, you have the right to appeal. At the law firm of Pridgeon & Zoss, PLLC, we have a comprehensive knowledge of federal and Minnesota tax appeals. Let us put our experience to work for you.
Our attorneys pride themselves on their successful record of appealing tax cases in Minnesota tax courts, including the Minnesota Supreme Court.
Your Right to Appeal
After an unsatisfactory audit, you have the right to bring your tax matter before the appeals division of the IRS or MN Department of Revenue. In an appeal, you can protest such tax matters as:
- The amount of your tax liability
- Taxation actions taken against you such as tax liens, levies, seizures and installment agreement terminations
- Penalties and interest
With the help of an experienced tax law attorney, the appeals process can give you a wide variety of workable solutions.
The Appeal Process
At the law firm of Pridgeon & Zoss, PLLC, we help clients through the tax appeal process from start to finish, working with them all along the way to resolve tax disputes. We assist both individuals and small businesses in all stages of the process, including:
- Reviewing and organizing client documents
- Drafting and filing a Protest (a document that discusses the facts and frames the client’s situation in terms of the written law)
- Preparing correspondence and e-mails to IRS or Department of Revenue Appeals Officers
- Representation of the client’s interests and protection of the client’s rights at the telephone or in-person hearing
After receiving the evidence and testimony at hearing, the IRS or Department of Revenue appeals division will reach a decision. If the decision upholds the audit findings, we can help you with the litigation in the district or tax court.
Contact us online or by phone at 952-232-0371 to speak with an experienced tax law attorney. We are available during regular business hours; you may leave us a voice mail at any time. We offer a free initial half-hour consultation so we can discuss your situation and let you know whether and how we can help with your tax appeal.