Pridgeon & Zoss, PLLC - Minnesota Tax Law Attorney
Solid Solutions to Serious Tax Problems
Income Tax Workouts • Responding to Notices
Business and Self-Employment Tax Problems
Free Initial 30 Minute Consultation
Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!
Do Not Delay Responding to a Tax Notice
Free Initial 30 Minute Consultation

Urgency To Respond To IRS Notices

I 1

Serving The Greater Minneapolis And St. Paul Twin Cities Area And St. Croix County, Wisconsin

Many tax notices from the federal IRS or Minnesota Department of Revenue (MDR) may be informational in nature, notifying the taxpayer of the department’s receipt of information and do not require a response. Some notices, however, inform the taxpayers that there was something about their 1040 or business tax returns that has raised red flags. Many of these notices request further information or identify the additional amount of taxes due. Although it may be tempting to set these notices aside to deal with them later, it is critically important to respond urgently.

Why You Benefit By Responding Right Away

Make no mistake: There is an urgency to respond to IRS notices. Despite public perception, the IRS and MDR offices are staffed by real people who understand that individuals, families and business owners run into financial difficulties. If your IRS notice or MDR notice is informing you of significant additional taxes due, you can respond with an initial voluntary payment, which will often be viewed by IRS and MDR employees as a ‘good faith’ attempt toward an offer in compromise, installment payment or other settlement option.

There is no guarantee that you will receive some money off your tax bill or a favorable installment agreement if you respond right away. Everybody’s situation will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. It will not work in your favor if you ignore four or five notices by regular mail and wait until you receive a notice by certified mail before responding.

“Bring in your tax collections notice to discuss it with me right away. I offer a no-cost, no-obligation consultation to explain your options. I can help start you on your way to an appeal, an offer in compromise or a workable installment plan.” Attorney Mark Pridgeon

Call Pridgeon & Zoss, PLLC — Minnesota Attorneys For IRS Tax Notifications

If you have received a notice informing you of more than $20,000 due or have been notified of the IRS intent to levy your wages, financial accounts or personal property, don’t try to handle the matter on your own. If you reside or operate a business in the Twin Cities metropolitan area or across the border in Western Wisconsin, call our firm in Edina.

Attorneys Mark Pridgeon and David Zoss have more than 70 years of combined experience working in the area of IRS and MDR tax notices, on both sides of the table. As former IRS tax lawyers, we understand the process the IRS and state officials go through when pursuing additional payments due. We will work urgently and effectively to help you resolve your serious tax problem.

From offices in Edina, our firm advises and represents clients in communities throughout Hennepin County, Ramsey County, Dakota County and Washington County in Minnesota, as well as St. Croix County in Western Wisconsin. Do not delay responding to a federal or state tax notice. Contact the firm for a no-cost initial consultation with an experienced Minnesota tax law attorney right away.

Local state and federal tax officials recognize Pridgeon & Zoss, PLLC‘s on the response letterhead. Our reputation for integrity and honest representation often have a positive impact on the outcome of the case. When you meet to discuss your tax liability matter, you will find Mark, David and legal assistant Saree Olson to be professional, courteous and approachable. We work directly with every client and does not subcontract cases to other tax law firms.

Does Your Tax Notice Say You Owe More Than $20,000? Call Right Away.

Office hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays. Evening and weekend appointments may be available by special arrangement. Within the general Twin Cities metro area, call 952-232-0371. In Wisconsin, call toll free 877-221-1651. You may also use the convenient email contact form to explain your circumstances and request a consultation.