Attorneys For Minnesota Department Of
Serving Taxpayers In Minnesota and Western Wisconsin
The Minnesota Department of Revenue (MDR) is well-staffed and takes its responsibilities very seriously. If you have received an MDR notice informing you of a pending review of your tax returns, an audit or taxes owed, don’t lay it aside and don’t try to handle it yourself. There are many options an experienced Minnesota tax attorney can present that the MDR tax officials won’t tell you about.
If you live or own a business in Minnesota and have received a tax notice from the MDR, call Pridgeon & Zoss, PLLC, in Edina. Attorneys Mark Pridgeon and David Zoss have decades of knowledge and experience in all areas of options for outstanding balances, tax disputes and appeals, and appropriate responses to MDR and IRS notices. We offer a free consultation to review your case and explain what strategies are available to help you work toward a reduction of the amount owed, as well as avoid the interest and penalties the state of Minnesota may try to impose.
Urgent! Unpaid Tax Balances Can Result In Long-Term Problems.
Do not delay responding to a federal or state tax notice. Contact the firm for a no-cost initial consultation with an experienced Minnesota tax law attorney right away.
Do You Really Need A Lawyer For Minnesota Department Of Revenue Notices?
While it is true that you can certainly represent yourself in any tax matter, there are several reasons why you shouldn’t. Here are some advantages and benefits an experienced attorney with a reputation for integrity and excellence can offer:
- Timely and appropriate response to all MDR requests for financial information
- Immediately establish a ‘good faith’ voluntary payment toward the account or balance due
- Negotiate an offer in compromise to reduce the amount of taxes owed
- Set up an installment agreement that meets your family’s needs
- Work directly with your accountant and attend your audit, if requested
- File a legal appeal against a levy action the IRS is threatening to pursue against your wages, financial accounts, home or other property
- Help move your tax arrears into currently uncollectible status, if appropriate for your case
Get Legal Help For Your Minnesota State Tax Problems
From offices in Edina and St. Anthony, we advise and represent clients throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin.
Office hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays. Evening and weekend appointments may be available by special arrangement. Within the general Twin Cities metro area, call 952-232-0371. Outside of the metro area, call toll free 877-221-1651. You may also use the convenient email contact form to explain your circumstances and request a consultation.