Mark A. Pridgeon, Attorney At Law

Tax Law Representation In Minnesota And Western Wisconsin

Dear Beleaguered Taxpayer;

If you are visiting my site, you are probably facing one of the most challenging legal issues of your life: a federal IRS or Minnesota Department of Revenue notice of significant taxes due. If you have received your first notice, don't just lay it aside hoping the problem will go away. It won't. In fact, the more urgently you respond to the notice, the more likely you are to achieve a favorable outcome. It may offer you some relief to know that you can even start making installment payments with the first notice. The tax officials often look a little more kindly on people who make an effort to set things straight right away.

If you have received a few of these notices, including letters sent by certified mail, you need legal help — now. The sooner you can meet with a qualified tax litigation attorney, the better off you will be.

I have been working in the field of IRS and Minnesota tax law my entire 35-year legal career. I started working for the IRS, where I learned the strategies and expectations the government has in place when resolving tax issues. I have been on their side of the table, and I understand what the taxpayer needs to show in the way of documentation and supporting evidence.

Whether you are involved in a tax dispute or just need to work out an affordable settlement option or offer in compromise, I am confident I can help. When we meet to discuss your tax liability matter, you will find my legal assistant and me to be professional, courteous and approachable. We are responsive to your calls and emails, and I work directly with every client. I will not subcontract your legal matter to another tax law firm.

I sincerely hope that reading my range of tax law services will give you some comfort knowing that you have a qualified, experienced attorney ready to help you avoid the worst penalties. I have helped hundreds of individuals and business owners resolve complex and challenging tax problems. I am confident I can help you if you act right away.

Is it worth hiring a lawyer to help you resolve your tax problem? It's a fair question. If you owe less than a few thousand dollars, probably not. My firm only works with clients who owe more than $20,000 in tax debt. I invite you to visit my Retainer and Fees page so you can do the math and make an informed decision for yourself.

From my offices in Edina, my firm provides legal counsel to clients in St. Paul and Minneapolis and communities throughout Hennepin County, Ramsey County, Dakota County and Washington County in Minnesota. I also represent clients in St. Croix County in Western Wisconsin.

My office hours in Edina are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, and I may be able to make evening and weekend appointments by special arrangement. Within the general Twin Cities metro area, call 952-232-0371. Out of state or in Wisconsin, call toll free 877-221-1651. You may also use the convenient email form on my Contact page to explain your circumstances and request a consultation.

Mark A. Pridgeon, Attorney at Law